Can I reply to your comments?
I talk to children all day long. My daily conversations contain phrases, like Don't put that fork up your nose! Or If I have to pull this car over you're going to be sorry! Or Please do not change your own diaper. So it's no small wonder that I often seek out contact with adults.
Enter the blog and comments-
One of my favorite things about blogging is connecting with others, as far away as Australia and VietNam, and as close as my own city. Oh the people I have met online. Some real friendships have been formed over my 5 years blogging. And oh you know I love me some comments! I read every single one and often share them with Papa. And I really try to reply to everyone that leaves me a comment, and answer the questions that sometimes come!
But very often, over half of the time, I can't reply to a comment. Sadly, when I try to reply to a comment a "no-reply" frequently pops up because folks don't have their account set up to receive replies. By default, all Blogger accounts are set up to be "no-reply" unless you change your settings. (I have no idea how Wordpress or other blog hosts are set up.)
If you'd like to ensure that people like me can reply to your comments, here are 7 easy steps to follow. It took me about 1 minute to do this.
1) Go to your Blogger dashboard
2) Click on the down arrow by your name in the top right hand corner
3) Select the orange box that says "Blogger profile"
4) Click "Edit Profile" in top right hand corner
5) Under Privacy, make sure the "Show my email address" box is checked
6) Under Identity, make sure your email address is listed by where it says "Email Address"
7) Scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"
If you're not sure if your settings allow replies to your comment, feel free to comment here, and I'll reply back to your email... that is if you have it set up for replies.
Looking forward to hearing from you, and replying to your comments!